St. Barnabas’ Church

Mark Stewart is Church Architect and has undertaken numerous projects – including designs and specifications for quinquennial repairs - for the upkeep of this magnificent Grade II* Victorian building, originally designed by JP and JEK Cutts in the 1880's. Some years ago the bell turret had to be dismantled and removed as it had become a dangerous structure. During adverse weather conditions the main east stained glass window caved in and was replaced. Designs for a new community centre to replace the old hall have also been prepared and granted planning permission, although not yet built.